I am back BABY! It’s been a struggle mustering the energy to open up this blog and post again. I supposed I have some excuse (the cancer and all) but really it’s been entirely too long, an I have no legit excuse other than laziness and procrastination. But a lot and I mean A FRIGGIN LOT has happened since my last post. So here is my abridged catch up before I dive back into this blogging thang again.
First I want to start off with mentioning that 1 year ago today I had my first chemotherapy treatment. With much fear of what the next year would have in store for me.
- Our podcast Well This Sucks, launched on the Feral Audio Network.
- I finished and survived (with much complaining) my last chemo treatment.
- I woke up with a fever of 107 and was hospitalized for 3 days as Neutropenic. Everyone who came into my room had to wear face masks. Being in the hospital was the scariest part of this whole thing. Laying in bed and shaking uncontrollably I was also very upset because I had just finished treatment and thought I was over all the bad stuff.
- My momma went back home to Tallahassee.
- Post treatment PET scan showed EXCELLENT results from the chemotherapy per Dr. Kwan. All the previous bright areas of activity and growth showed to be much smaller and dimmer. HELL YES.
- Heather, Tana and I threw a karaoke party in celebration of the good news as well as the recent launch of our podcast WTS.
- Slowly tried to return to a normal life, and went back to work full time. Which was hard because I was still experiencing a lot of fatigue and some depression.
- Finally got my medical marijuana recommendation.
- I bought my last wig and wore it for the last time to a Halloween party that I went to as Cleopatra.
- Eyebrows came back in FULL FORCE! As well as all my lovely body hair, but you know what … I am unbelivably grateful for it. (And there is also laser hair removal.)
- Starting to really feel my energy levels come back to normal.
- Florida trip to Orlando for Hailey’s 30th. I got to see my some of my bestest pals while feeling like a child in Disney World and Islands of Adventure. Mom and Dad drove down from Tallahassee too, so I was just as happy as can be.
- Heather and Bob got married!
- So excited to put 2017 behind me Tana and I drank and danced the new year in. Saying good-bye and good riddance to such a tough year in such a perfect way.
- I bought a FitBit and Jackie Johnson came on WTS.
- SIGNED THE LEASE FOR MY NEW APARTMENT!!!
- MOVED INTO MY NEW APARTMENT – Pickle and I couldn’t be happier in our perfect little hobbit hole, I feel like this place was made for me. I smile when I come home every day (I even cried my first night from overwhelming happiness). I needed something good like this, living with roommates was putting a lot of stress on me so this apartment came at the perfect time (thanks Mikey).
- Saw Heather and Tana more times this month than I had in a long long while because we live so very close to each other now!
- WTS began making moves towards becoming independent.
- Planned a trip for my LA Buds to spend a weekend at beautiful Big Bear Lake. The 13 of us stayed in this very comfy cabin. We soaked in the hot tub in the rain while playing Cheers to the Governor. The boys did beer bongs (yea, beer bongs …) and sang sad songs (Bob hooked us up with a nice karaoke set up). And of course ate way too much delicious foods. It was a much needed escape from LA and I wish it could have lasted longer.
- I re-downloaded some dating apps, and went on my first date in over a year.
So there its is. A lot I know. I have a list of topics I want to expand on. Many of which I lightly touched upon in this very condensed recap. But I am back, and exciting things are to come. So stay posted, and as always…
Touch your boobs.
Hold your friends hands.
I love you all.
Until next time. (Which will be a lot sooner than last time!)